WELCOME TO THE 2021
CROSS COUNTRY SEASON!
The 4H-CANSKI xc ski club (Chequamegon Area Nordic Ski Club) is a partnership between Ashland and Bayfield County 4-H and local schools.
The 4-H CANSKI recreational cross country ski season is right around the corner and we have snow on our local trails! We are excited to get skiing with our members and their families. Thanks to those of you who have already registered and checked out gear. We hope you have been able to get out on the snow.
Because of COVID, 4-H CANSKI will have to adapt to the following changes for the 2021 season:
- There will be no group transportation. As a result, our schedule will focus on weekends when parents or guardians can drive skiers to the trailheads.
- We are hoping that parents who are driving can help us respond to a need for more coach/leaders to accommodate small group sizes.
- We will ski in groups of 8 or less with buffs while skiing and masks when talking.
- While skiing we will try to maintain a 6ft physical distance.
- We may not have access to reliable indoor warming areas available for skiers so skiers will need to come prepared with extra layers for the start and finish.
To help us get everyone organized into small groups and prepare for the Jan 9th gear check out please take a minute to register ASAP. Here is what you need to do to be able to enroll and check out equipment for the season.
- Go to 4-H online and register as a member of 4-H CANSKI https://v2.4honline.com/#/user/sign-in
- ONLINE PAYMENT: Go to this dedicated website, answer all the questions and then select the Individual o Family Equipment rental and then proceed to the check out for payment.
Scholarships are still available for members and families that need them, just contact Doug Liphart or Ian Meeker and you will be sent a code for registration payment.
Once you have registered and paid you will be assigned a gear check out time on Jan 9th for your family to come to the former VFW building in Washburn near the Marina. An email confirming your check out time and the updated information about the season will be sent to you.
The 2020-21 4-H CANSKI membership will come with a custom designed pom hat (1/member; 2/family) and we’ll have a few extras on hand to sell to sell to families who would like more than 2.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at the Ashland or Bayfield County Extension 4-H office!
Ski ya on the trails!
On behalf of the 4-H CANSKI Executive Committee,
Doug Liphart, Ashland County 4-H Youth Development Educator
Ian Meeker, Bayfield County 4-H Youth Development Educator
A copy of the 4- H CANSKI brochure can be found on this website (see brochure tab).
The mission of 4H-CANSKI is to promote fun, fitness, safety and excellence in the lifelong sport of cross country skiing. 4H-CANSKI provides ongoing instruction, social opportunities and leadership development for skiers of all levels. We will emphasize technique, conditioning, safety and provide leadership opportunities all in a fun filled atmosphere in the great outdoors.